Monday 19 August 2013

Liquorice and Mint Iced Tea


Now the best iced tea I have ever tasted is the Jasmine strawberry and vanilla iced tea from the Ping Pong restaurant
, and I have tried to make this at home, but never managed to get close to the original unfortunately. But this Liquorice and Mint Iced tea that I have adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe (see here for original), has now become my favorite at-home Iced tea.


It is super easy to make and because I am from Denmark, where liquorice is the preferred sweet, this also satisfies a bit of my liquorice cravings.
Ingredients:
1 litre of water
2 teaspoons of liquorice root (I get mine from the Tiger shop www.tigerstores.co.uk )
3 mint tea bags (use 100% mint once)
1-2 tablespoons of honey (depending on wanted sweetness).


In a pot add the water and liquorice root and bring to a boil, cover with lid, turn down the temperature and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Take the pot of the heat and add the mint tea bags, cover with lid and let it stand for another 10 minutes.
Strain the tea into a glass jug (that is suitable for hot liquid), add the honey to taste and let it cool to room temperature. Transferee the jug to the fridge when cooled, where it can happily stay for a few days.
Pour over ice and serve.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment